Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's been cold, really cold.

It's been cold. Really cold.

I promised I'd write more in my blog this year. I haven't been writing. I haven't had anything good to write about. It's been cold, it seems like my life has been cold. The year has just started in darkness it seems. This January just seems to be colder. It is colder.

In the first ten days of the year I have been to two funerals, one a family friend the other a police officer. One funeral, the friend's, just broke my heart. The other, the police officer, was just sad. I tend to dwell in the sadness, I don't know why. I think about my friends and loved ones who have died. In some ways, it's an escape to be able to go back to the memories. In other ways, it's like a darkness you'll never escape.

Today, we booked a trip to Las Vegas with our friends. It gives me something to look forward to, Elvis in the desert. It will warm up, it always does.

No comments: