Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pickles and Mustard

I have this daily issue: where to eat lunch. Today, it was a bit of a change of pace for me. I chose Waffle House. Recently, I found a friend of mine who shares a soft spot for the Awful Waffle. Victoria, The Huntsville Times extern, has a soft spot for the roadside grease stain as well. So, after a day of wading through floodwaters for the perfect flood picture I called her to see if she could me meet at the Waffle House for lunch. One of the things that has endeared Victoria to me is the fact that she likes...pickles and mustard. She gets a plate of pickles and puts a dollop of mustard on a dill slice and eats it like a chip. I had never seen anyone do that before I met her at Waffle House a few months ago. I love pickles at Waffle house. I love mustard, too. But I had never tried them together. Now, I can't go to a Waffle House without having pickles and mustard.

No comments: