Thursday, April 30, 2009

I hope it wasn't my driving!

Occasionally I help out with a interfaith missions group and drive folks from the local shelters to the free clinic. Today, I drove fifteen homeless folks to the clinic. After dropping them off at the clinic I was waiting in the van for them to get their care. The paramedics who ride with the van came out of the clinic and were chatting on their radios, calling an ambulance to the clinic. Apparently, one of the men was having a heart attack. I hope it wasn't my driving!? Then, they called for two more ambulances. Two more people were having breathing trouble. What's up? Is my driving really that bad that I am sending people to the hospital? After the ambulances left another of the clients, a lady, told me she would rather walk back to the shelter. You gotta be kidding me! I'm wondering if they will ever ask me to drive the van again.

No comments: